7.30.2009

Spirit Airlines: Fail.

I am currently in the Ft. Laud airport, getting Bolivia pictures together to put up here.
It has been an eventful (did I say eventful? I meant frustrating.) day thus far.

July 29:
Arrive to Lima airport at 8:10 pm
2 hours of waiting to check bags & customs in Lima.
I am told flight will be late. They won't tell me how late, or why. Just late.
Flight is supposed to leave at 10:54 pm.
Flight actually leaves at 11:50 pm.
During my time waiting for the flight, the entire crew; pilots, flight attendants and all were right behind me, gossiping. They were talking about their co-workers, along with making incredibly crude sex comments...while people were all around them...even small kids.
A few good lines include:

Pilot: Did you hear about the pilot for Spirit Air from Detroit Mike so-so? He's a registered sex offender.
(*wow. comforting.)
Flight attendant: Honey you should have come out with us last night. We drank so much. But this guy (points to co-pilot) left early to get a hooker. Again.
(*they all laugh. really!?)
Co-Pilot: Did you hear about so-and-so? She has slept with that pilot like three times
Flight att: Yeah, but who DOESN'T she sleep with?
(*SERIOUSLY PEOPLE?!?!)

July 30th:
Flight from Lima. No water/snack for 6 hr flight. Oh! But if you want you can BUY water for a nice $5. Cool.
Get into Ft Laud at around 7 am Florida time.
Hour in line for customs.
Go to do the "easy" rechecking of luggage for connecting flight, but no one from Spirit Air is there.
We are all directed upstairs. Those who missed flights because of delay are send to rebook.
I go to check my bags once again.

Spirit Robot Lady (in minnie mouse voice): Oh, you can't check your bags yet.
Me: But..I was supposed to recheck, but no one from your airline is down there.
Spirit Robot Lady: Your flight is not until 3:30 pm, so you cannot check your bags yet.
Me: When can I check them?
Spirit Robot Lady: 3 hours prior to flight.
Me: So...until then I can't enter the gates/restaurants...and have to lug my bags around?
Spirit Robot Lady: Yes. Or you can pay to store them.

Sigh. Of course. Paying more money is just what I want to do now, especially after paying 30 bucks for an extra bag, and then being told I'm not allowed to have another bag. Even though it was already paid for. Cooool.

So here I am, sitting in a chair next to construction area waiting for 12:30 to arrive. My food options are donuts and pizza.

I think I'll just fast.

Besos y Abrazos.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete