4.04.2009

parque del amor, meet your match.

One would think that a place with a name like "Parque del Amor" (Park of Love) would be the most romantic place in Peru, right?

Humor me here and say yes.

Well, one would have imagined wrong.

Parque del Amor, meet your competition: Parque de la Reserva.

This park is the world record holder for largest fountain complex...and should probably be world record holder for worst place to visit single. Just sayin'.

The roommates and I went to this park last night to see the fantastic fountain display. The 13 gigantic fountains all have assorted and changing colored lights as well as music that the water shoots out to. The park itself is an incredibly large area with a winding walkways, columns laced with flowers, and benches everywhere for couples to sit and enjoy the shows.

I've attatched pictures, but they do not to the place justice by any means. Between the lights and music and elegant flowers, there is this overall good-feeling vibe that you really have to witness to fully understand.

So if you are looking for a place to be in/fall in/see/hear/feel love, come on down to Parque de la Reserva. It won't disappoint. For more images, click HERE


1 comment:

  1. I forgot to post. Wow! I want to go to there. In fact I want to see everything you have seen. Well maybe not everything. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete