4.07.2009

important things: PDA

For those of you that don't already know about comedian Demetri Martin, do yourself a favor and check out his stand up comedy acts, or his new show, Important Things.
Each week on his show he chooses a topic to focus the jokes/skits on. Thus, I have decided to do that here in Peru.

So for my first installment in the series, may I present:
Important Things Peru: PDA

Public Displays of Affection (PDA).
At certain times, and in certain places in the States, certain PDA is accepted and allowed.
Hand holding in a park? Yes.
Little kiss on a picnic? Sure!
Under the shirt at a funeral? No.

Here in Peru, they have similar values.
Oh wait, I'm sorry, take out the similar and replace it with "completely different".

Here is a brief breakdown to how I feel about Peru's PDA at my university, Pontificia:

Hand holding while walking to class: Cute

Little kisses before going to class: So cute I could puke.

Making out in front of the room I am trying to enter: Gross.

Feeling each other up in class next to me: Puke.

Sucking on each others' fingers DURING class: So gross I could puke.

Being practically horizontal outside the class I'm leaving: So gross I would like to shake them so hard they puke.

As you can see, clearly PDA here doesn't bother me at all! (Man I hope sarcasm bodes well over blogs).

Hope you all have a fun, safe, and PDA free weekend. The roommates and I will be in Ayacucho until Monday!

Besos y Abrazos (more than usual, unfortunately)

2 comments:

  1. Once again, nice to see that you are learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs of friends in Paris express similar sentiments....

    ReplyDelete