4.22.2009

heaven

i must admit, i have been missing the states during the past few days.

my friend eric sent me a package with one of my favorite things: velveeta shells and cheese, which is my total comfort food. i asked our maid, mariluki if i could use the stove someday to make it...

being her fantastic self, she didn't make me wait to have to do that, but instead surprised us at dinner by making her peruvian version of mac & cheese.

it. was. delicious.

although it wasn't the same as enjoying this dish with some of my favorite people back home, it was so nice to know that mariluki was looking out for me while i was feeling down.

(no worries mom, you aren't being replaced. she isn't as cute as you are)

so when i get back to the USA, my regular shells and cheese lovers (zach,casey,eric & jeff), i expect bowls and bowls ready when i step off the plane.
but for now, i will sit back and enjoy this new multi-colored-noodle-gooey-white-cheese goodness in peru.

2 comments:

  1. I got equally excited when I saw Kraft Mac and Cheese in the store here. It actually wasn't too expensive either!!!

    And it's never tasted so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to laugh at the fact that you linked a picture for shells and cheese. Just incase people didn't know ;-)

    ReplyDelete