6.09.2009

for anno

To please my lovely sisters, here are some updates:

1. I survived my first oral presentation in class...and let me tell you, everyone looked positively riveted. Did I say riveted? Shoot. Riveted can't be used as a synonym for "baffled by my terrible accent in Spanish" can it? No? Oh. Well then.

2. I had the pleasure of changing Ash's hair color so she would appear less gringa-ish. Didn't work, but at least she looks cute ---------------------------->

3. Turns out winter here
actually is quite chilly. Now, nothing like WI or MN winters, since there isn't any snow...or even rain...but since it is so humid here it's like walking through a cold heavy foggy mist all day. (yay!) To combat this gloomy atmosphere (and to keep my toes from getting stepped on the Micro rides) I bought new shoes. (Louisa, I know you'll approve)


4. A guy that lived in this house in 2006 is here to visit until the 3rd of July, so we have another roommate! Jake is a high school Spanish teacher from Indiana, and the family is obsessed with him.

5. We celebrated Senor Dante's 70th birthday! I walked into the party, said "feliz cumple!"---his response? "Quieres whisky?" Oh sir, you know me all too well.


Unlike the picture from Esther's birthday, this actually has everyone in it!
Senora Esther, Cynthia (in black), Natalia & Danny holding their son Alessandro behind their daughter Luciana, Senor Dante holding Camila next to her parents Mariana & Jorge, with their other 2 children Mauricio and Marianita.

Hope summer is treating you all well, enjoy the sun for me!

Besos y Abrazos

1 comment:

  1. this is the only way I can figure out to post the comment! love you. bet you rocked the room, despite your accent. Funny story, which I shared with my Presentations class after lunch. xxooo mama

    ReplyDelete