5.24.2009

updates

Not much has been happening since our return from Ecuador, unfortunately.
A few highlights of the past week or so include:
1.) Sharing how to make s'mores with our Peruvian friends. After we made them for them, their response was "Que Rico!" (shocking, I know)

2.) Getting an A/B on one of my Literatura papers. After the way midterms went, looks like I'll be needing to get a 4.0 next year @ Madison. Oh well.

3.)Opening up our host family's world to velveeta shells and cheese! A friend sent me a HUGE box of it in a package a while back, so Ash and I made it today. What they said after trying it? "Que Rico!" (GAHHHHHHHH)

4.)Celebrating our host mom's 73rd birthday! If I look as good as her and have as much energy when I'm that age, I will be incredibly lucky. After the party ended SHE went out more! Not us!
Mariana, Marianita, Camila, Senora Esther, Alessandro, Mauricio, Senor Dante


And, on a non-Peru related note:

5.) My darling sister completed the Mad-city half marathon with a time of 2:32:49. She's insane and fantastic, I know.

6.) I was informed I got the job I applied for with PAVE, an organization I've been volunteering with dedicated to ending sexual assault and domestic violence. So I am now the '09-'10 Volunteer Coordinator!!!

Besos y Abrazos!

2 comments: