5.07.2009

never will i ever...

...take having my classes in ENGLISH for granted again.

Wow.

I just finished up my midterms here at La Catolica, and it was definitely harder than any round of exams I've had in Madison, mainly because of the language barrier.

On my exam today, a question used the word "alcance", which according to my dictionary either means:

"reach" or "range" or "deficit" or "pursuit" or "talent"


Um awesome. About 3 of those definitions fit in with the question, and since the teacher was not present in the classroom to explain which definition is actually the common use of the word, I just guessed. Hurray.


With midterms behind us, Katie, Ashley and I are heading to ECUADOR tomorrow morning!!!!! We will be flying into Guayaquil, and then busing it to Montanita, a tiny town known world wide for surfing. I actually think I might take a surfing lesson, despite my completely large and irrational fear of sharks. Here's hoping my surf instructor will be a Julian Wilson look-alike!

So until the 13th I'll be relaxing in a hammock holding a drink with an umbrella, forgetting all about midterms, the smell of Lima, and the disgusting thought of Brett Favre being a Viking.
Until then,

Besos y Abrazos!

No comments:

Post a Comment