3.22.2009

no me digas!

Unfortunately, not much has been going on here in Jesus Maria. Other than attempting to stay awake in my 4 hour long straight blocks of classes and struggling through the all-Spanish reading assignments, life is still relaxing.


Thursday the roommates and I met up with a large group of exchange students in Miraflores at a bar, where if you are a lady you get your first drink free. Hey, I'm not going to argue that.
I once again attempted to salsa dance. Epic fail. One of our fellow exchange students is from Mexico, and is a bailarin, meaning he is a FANTASTIC dancer. At one point when we were dancing I told him I couldn't do a certain move, and instead of telling me I could he bluntly said in Spanish that I was right, I couldn't and I shouldn't try.
Awe. Some. Nothing like getting that ego deflated a little bit. Yesss.


The Peruvians we danced with there were relentless as ever, trying to tempt us with their so-called perfect English skills. ("Ah dis song ees so Fuuuhhhnnkkyy! We are de rieesky guys").
Similar to my dancing attempts, their pickup attempts : Epic fail.


On Saturday K.O, Jenna and I ventured South to Playa Pulpos, a fantastic sand beach on the ocean. There were huge waves, so we got a chance to body surf...which sort of ended up just us getting owned by the ocean. I think I swallowed enough salt water to last the rest of my trip.


My family maid has been making great vegetarian food...with the exception of the lack of understanding about tofu. The point is to mix it in with other sauces and food so it can take on that taste...she just chops it up without cooking it and puts it on top of my vegetables. Ay. Hey, points to her for trying.
To all in WI: Hope spring break treated you well, and sorry about the B-ball loss :( Besos y Abrazos!
Attempt at dancing: Take 4. Still a mess.
Enjoying cerveza at Bierhouse in Miraflores!

Playa de Pulpos (octopus).
Gianfranco, Katie, Me, Rodrigo, Diego, Jenna, Tapio and LynnPhoto courtesy of Rodrigo: Who says Gringas can't jump?

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun, fun. You look healthy! Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete